The Dodge City Fire Department is an all paid and one of the most progressive fire departments in the State of Kansas. We want to share this opportunity with you! We want you to join us in a profession that focuses on helping others, keeping yourself in top mental and physical condition, and being rewarded not only with a paycheck but also with the knowledge that your career makes a difference in peoples’ lives.
Current starting pay for an Entry level Firefighter is $37,390.20 per year plus benefits.
* Medical, Dental and Life Insurance
* Biweekly Competitive Salary
* Great Schedule - 24 Hours On/48 Hours Off
* Paid Vacation & Sick Leave
* 10 Paid Holidays
* Kansas Police & Fire Retirement System
* Must be at least 18 years of age
* Must have a high school degree or equivalency
* Certified Emergency Medical Technician
* Must have a valid Kansas Driver’s License (operator, class C) with good driving record
Other Requirements Preferred But Not Required:
* NFPA Firefighter I/II and HazMat Operations Certification