Police Officer Requirements
Police Officer applicants must meet the following requirements,
- At least 21 years of age at the time of employment.
- U.S. Citizenship.
- A high school graduate or possess a G.E.D. Certificate.
- Possess a valid Kansas Drivers License by the time of employment.
- Good physical condition.
- Good character, no felony conviction, morals charges, or crimes of violence including domestic violence.
- Military discharge must be honorable or under honorable conditions.
- Must have normal peripheral vision and depth perception. Color blindness, crossed eyes, permanent abnormalities and loss of either eye are cause for rejection.
- New employees are required to establish permanent residency within a 30 mile radius of the Dodge City Police Department at the time of employment.
- Prohibition of tattoos located on the head, face, neck, or hands, or any tattoos of an offensive or racist nature.
- No body mutilations in any visible area including the bifurcation of the tongue or earlobe gauging.