Wastewater Treatment Division
The Wastewater Treatment Division is operated by Operations Management International, Inc. (OMI), a private contractor. This relieves the city of the burden of the waste treatment operation and makes available, if needed, experts in the many facets of wastewater treatment.
- The City’s wastewater is pumped 12 miles south of town.
- The wastewater is pumped through 3-15 inch lines and 1-20 inch line.
- The water is treated through the use of a covered 3-anerobic cell, 3-aerobic cell and 4-holding ponds.
- The treated wastewater is land applied to 2500-2800 acres of farm ground.
- The plant has won numerous awards from KDHE & EPA
In 2000, our Dodge City, Kansas project won the Operations and Maintenance Excellence category for a large non-discharging facility.