Softball Tournament Rules
1. NO METAL CLEATS OR SUNFLOWER SEEDS WILL BE ALLOWED ON THE TURF. If the umpire or tournament director notices that a player or coach disregarding the rule, that person will be thrown out of the game.
2. If the team does not have an updated roster on USSSA before their game starts, the game will not start until the Tournament Director has one in hand.
3. If there is a dispute about an ineligible player, the TD/UIC/Umpires will refer back to the roster that is online.
4. FIELD DIMENSIONS ARE AS FOLLOWS:
All ages: 200'
LEGENDS BALLPARK WILL BE RUNNING OPEN DIVISION SOFTBALL TOURNAMENTS IN 2023
1. Legends Ballpark will provide scorekeepers for each game. If Legends Ballpark is unable to provide scorekeepers at any point throughout the tournament, the home team will be doing the official book for the game. (Legends will notify coaches in the pre-game meeting so the book can be designated.)
2. During pool play games, a coin flip will designate the home and away team.
3. Since we have a limited number of fields, we will be running 1 hour and 15 minute games or 6 inning games, whichever comes first.
4. Be prepared to start the game 20 minutes ahead of the scheduled game time. (This is if games are running ahead of schedule.)
5. During pool play games, games can end in a tie.
6. In bracket play games, we will use ITB rules if the game is tied (last out starts on 2nd base) until a winner can be declared.
7. Run Rule: 20 after 2, 15 after 3, 10 after 4 and 8 after 5.
8. A courtesy runner is allowed to run for the catcher/pitcher at any time.
9. Teams are allowed to bat the entire lineup.
10. We will run the rules for each division depending on the majority of the teams. (An example is if we have 4 teams that are C teams and 2 teams are not, we will run C level rules.)
11. If a player is ineligible and plays in the game for one pitch, that game will stop automatically and the offending team will promptly be given a loss and be put into last place. If a player is ineligible during bracket play, that team will automatically be eliminated and reported to USSSA for further sanctions.
12. Guest players must be reported to the Tournament Director and to USSSA to be cleared. If the guest player is not cleared before the game, that player is not allowed to play in the game. If the player plays anyways, refer to #11.
13. Game ball for USSSA:
For any age group 11 years old or older, they must use the specifications below.
For the 10 year old age group, they must use the specifications below:
14. Regulation Bats:
Any bat that is used in the game must have the logos below or the bat will be deemed illegial.